The Guardian reported Tuesday that Everton manager David Moyes is interested in acquiring Landon Donovan on loan in the January transfer window. Everton, who finished fifth last season in the Barclays Premier League, have been riddled with injuries this season and are currently languishing in 15th just three points above the relegation zone. The Guardian reports that “an initial approach” has been made to the LA Galaxy. Everton, in addition to being injury ridding, is also cash strapped. The loan, should it happen, is likely to be temporary.
- Local Soccer
- Classified Ads
The ball is round. The place is Philly.
- Fans’ View
- Photo essays
English Premier League / MLS Posted by Ed Farnsworth on December 9, 2009 at 11:45 am
- Donovan starts, assists on goal in first Everton matchJanuary 9, 2010
- Buy low, sell high: The Sebastien Le Toux storyJanuary 19, 2012
- PSP’s Everton FC primerJuly 20, 2011
- Free Landon Donovan!July 20, 2010
- Jeremy Lane: I agree that I would bring Donovan if I were picking the tea…
- LCBline: I know it's too much to hope for but I really hope Hackworth…
- Big Kev: Sure, he's entitled to have an attitude toward that player. …
- The Black Hand: Ray Gaddis? …
- Adam Cann: I really hope you're right. PPL could use blowout! …
- Analysis & player ratings: Union 1-0 Fire
- Match Report: Philadelphia Union 1-4 LA Galaxy
- A most curious move: The Gabriel Farfan trade
- Match Report: Philadelphia Union 2-2 Seattle Sounders
- Analysis and Player Ratings: Union 2-2 Sounders
Union postgame locker room interviews
PSP talks to Bakary Soumare, Jose Kleberson, Ray Gaddis, Amobi Okugo and Sheanon Williams ater the Union's 1-4 loss to LA.