When the Union were trailing late against New York City FC, I was thinking that they just might find an equalizer. Why? I don’t know. But crazier things have happened in soccer than a team seemingly being outplaying scoring a late tying goal.
Until David Villa scored that memorable goal. I would have loved seeing that goal in person at Talen Energy Stadium…
If only David Villa was wearing the blue of the Philadelphia Union instead of New York City.
“If only” could summarize my feelings about the Union’s season thus far:
- If only we could find the right position for Alejandro Bedoya.
- If only Keegan Rosenberry wouldn’t have regressed.
- If only we had signed another forward instead of Jay Simpson.
- If only Josh Yaro could come back from injury.
- In only we could find the right No. 10.
- If only Oguchi Onyewu could find the fountain of youth.
- If only Bedoya doesn’t miss that penalty against Toronto and Ilsinho’s shot.
The season is obviously far from over. But the way it’s gone, “if only” could summarize a lot of fan’s feelings.